Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 11:27:34 +0800 (HKT)
From:      Patrick <patrick@popper.paradigm2000.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TERM Problem

On Sun, 18 May 1997, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Patrick wrote:
>
> >    I want to connect the freebsd box to an ICL/DRS6000 Unix will use
> > term vt220. I already change the term in freebsd to vt220 but still
> > cannot get the right display. Any one know how to make it work?
>
> Not sure whether i could parse your sentence correctly, but it seems
> like you're looking for the pcvt console driver (see the comments
> about the device vt0 in /sys/i386/conf/GENERIC).
>
> --
> cheers, J"org
>
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
> Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

Hi
   Thank's for the reply. My problem is that every time I connect my
FreeBSD box to the ICL/DRS6000 Unix. Keyboard setting, vi, and screen
display cannot operate poperly. I know the term use in ICL/DRS6000 is
vt220 and hence I set the FreeBSD box to vt220 before connecting to the ICL.
But still it cannot work. I did not have any problem when connecting to
any other hosts using freebsd.

Can you help?

Thanks a lot.