Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 13:11:48 -0400
From:      Mark <mark@monmouth.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cannot Moutn Root?

Hello,

I installed FreeBSD 2.2.1 last night on my machine.
Here is the machines config.

HD(win95) on Primary IDE channel set as Master
HD(FREEBSD) on Secondary IDE channel set as Master
Cd Rom(IDE) on Secondary IDE channel set as slave.
Boot Easy installed on HD1(win95)
When I boot and choose drive 2, everything looks
like it is loading, but then I get a Panic error.
The error is "Cannot Mount Root"
Is there something wrong with my setup?
I heard that you need both ports on the primary channel
to be used if you have more than one drive, is this true?
For example;
would this fix the problem.
HD(win95) & Cd Rom Drive on same channel(Master*Slave respectively)
and the other HD(FreeBSD) on the secondary channel.

Thanks for any Help

Mark