Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 17:05:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      chad@anasazi.com (Chad R. Larson)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, asami@cs.berkeley.edu, andreas@klemm.gtn.com, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

> Once you start with TCL, it will *not* stop there - I can only assure
> you of that.  Perl will follow immediately behind, as will much other
> stuff (yes perl fans, there are many out there who consider your
> favorite utility language an evil, bloated monster which should not be
> bundled with FreeBSD at all).

I understand that there are other candidates for migration from the core
system to ports/packages.  I think that is a =good= thing.  As long as
the installation process makes it as easy as it now does (thanks,
Jordan) to select a very personal feature set, I'd vote that all the
packages/ports that duplicate a core system feature should be removed
from the core system.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                          Brother, can you paradigm?
602-870-3330    chad@anasazi.com     chad@anasaz.UUCP      chad@dcfinc.com