Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2006 01:06:48 +0300
From:      "Ivan Levchenko" <levchenko.i@gmail.com>
To:        "eculp@bafirst.com" <eculp@bafirst.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf fails to start

i was having the same problem so i tried this out and here is what i got:

snip from pf.conf

ext_if="tun0"

nat on ($ext_if) from <allowed> to any -> ($ext_if) # this gives me an error
but the following:
nat on $ext_if from <allowed> to any -> ($ext_if)
doesn't give me any errors.

i also added the braces in all of my rules and they all started to
give me errors, for example:

pass out on ($ext_if) proto { tcp, udp } all keep state

The error i'm getting is:

/etc/pf.conf:48: syntax error # i get 9 of them

any clues anybody???