Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 19:59:00 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   timeout table full (2.2-BETA)

Hi,

I am running 2.2-BETA on a 386-SX16. It ran 2.1.5-R fine. If I rebuild my
kernel, when I boot - just after the login prompt has appeared I get:

panic: timeout table full

Every second time I get various details about segments and stacks, the
other time it just tries to sync disks, prints a line of 24s and says
giving up.

This almost always happens - except just now when I switched on my machine
to write down the error messages :-( I just wondered if anyone knows how
to increase the timeout table or what is happening. The GENERIC kernel
works fine 'cept it dosnt support all my hardware etc.

My config file is attached (I have tried changing maxusers from between
4 to 10):

#
# SALLY -- 4 Serial, 1 Parallel, 1 420MB bad IDE fixed. FAILSAFE is on.
#

machine		"i386"
cpu		"I386_CPU"
ident		SALLY
maxusers	4

options		GPL_MATH_EMULATE	#Support for x87 emulation
options		INET			#InterNETworking
options		FFS			#Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options		PROCFS			#Process filesystem
options		"COMPAT_43"		#Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP
THIS!]
options		FAILSAFE		#Be Cautious
#options	USERCONFIG		#boot -c editor
#options	VISUAL_USERCONFIG	#visual boot -c editor

config		kernel	root on wd0

# Buses
controller	isa0

# Floppy
controller	fdc0	at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector
fdintr
disk		fd0	at fdc0 drive 0

# Hard Disk
controller	wdc0	at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk		wd0	at wdc0 drive 0

# Console
# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device		sc0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr
# Enable this and PCVT_FREEBSD for pcvt vt220 compatible console driver
#device		vt0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector pcrint
#options		PCVT_FREEBSD=210	# pcvt running on FreeBSD
>= 2.0.5

# Maths Co-Processor
# Mandatory, don't remove
device		npx0	at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13 vector npxintr

# Serial Ports
device		sio0	at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device		sio1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
device		sio2	at isa? port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector siointr
device		sio3	at isa? port "IO_COM4" tty irq 7 vector siointr

# Parallel Port
# irq 9 but seems faster in polled mode
device		lpt0	at isa? port? tty vector lptintr

# Sound
#device pca0 at isa? port "IO_TIMER1" tty
#pseudo-device speaker

# Loopback
pseudo-device	loop

# Kernel Error Messages
pseudo-device	log

# ijppp
pseudo-device	tun	2

# Snoop
pseudo-device snp 1

pseudo-device	bpfilter 1
pseudo-device	pty	16
pseudo-device	gzip		# Exec gzipped a.out's

Thanks,

Andrew