Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:56:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <joeo@cracktown.com>
To:        Matthew Studley <v_1matst@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3dfx chipset

For 2d graphics the voodoo 5 is supported by the coming XFree86 4.0.1
release, I don't believe there are any prebuilt binaries for FreeBSD that
support this, though the CVS tree at dri.sourceforge.net should contain a
working 2d driver.

3D acceleration needs the new glide at glide.sourceforge.net ported to
freebsd, as well as some work on the dri components.  IIRC glide3 for the
Voodoo5 on linux is only has dri support.

Network adapters...

Intel EEPro 100's are good.
Cheaper is one of the fa310tx based cards (available retail branded
Netgear PCI 10/100 adapters).