Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 19:01:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sue Bauer-Lee <sblee@eeyore.taz.tac.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bulding new versions

Easy guys. We're all volunteers. We're all out to learn new things.

On an additional note:

Based on some previous references, let me clear up one other thing.
I am not physically located at the machine. Shouldn't matter. I do not
have a CD in the CD drive. Shouldn't matter. Since I'm not physically at
the machine, I'm not currently running a gui. Shouldn't matter. I AM
trying to get software installed for when I am at the machine physically.
That matters.  autoconf is required by lots of packages for system config
and platform building. XFCE is what I think I want to use as part of my
gui. Why doesn't matter. The software that I need to be able to run requires
X - I want an env as close as I can get to CDE (sorry). :)

I am pretty familiar with software porting. I asked for help from folks that
I thought would have more knowledge than I about the FreeBSD OS. Little did
I know.....