Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 1996 22:42:51 -0600
From:      Gary Aitken <garya@dreamchaser.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.5 boot disk doesn't

Running 2.1R, finally getting around to a 2.1.5 upgrade.
So I make a boot disk:

  mount /dev/cd0a
  cd /cdrom
  dd if=floppies/boot.flp of=/dev/rfd0

Then attempt to boot it.
It starts to boot fine, looks like it probes all the devices,
but before I can get a good look at the last few lines,
the screen clears and I'm left with a block cursor in the
lower left corner.  Nothing seems to do much of anything,
no response to keyboard input, no disk activity.
I need a clue...

This is on a micron p-100, 16M, bus logic scsi controller, but
I don't think it's even close to messing with the disk yet.

--
Gary Aitken      garya@ignite.com       (business)
                 garya@dreamchaser.org  (personal)