Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:54:28 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        apatron@optel.net, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: URGENT

   Hi!

> Dear sirs I´m trying to get a Pc with FreeBSD working I´ve already
> installed Freebsd and the only problem I have is that I can´t get the
> Ethernet card working it is a 3com card.
> What am I missing to do??

      Please be a little bit more detailed, there are several possibilities
   why you did not get the card working.   How does your kernel config file
   lock like, on what io-port,  irq, mem-base is  your card configured, are
   there any conflicts  with other cards,  what version of FreeBSD  are you
   using, what 3Com Ethernet card are you  using,.....  You see there are a
   lot of questions, so again first collect all the information you can get
   and after that ask a question.

      There is also a description on 'How to get best results' on this list
   posted time by time.

   Good luck and 'see' you later

   Lars
Lars Köller                  Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
University of Rostock        E-Mail:
Department of Physics          Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3          Anonymous ftp:
D-18051 Rostock (Germany)      ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub