Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:50:01 -0500
From:      "Ben Pfountz" <netprince@vt.edu>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Requireing IPsec on wi interface?

I forgot to mention that I had a rule allowing all packets leaving the
machine, otherwise the ipfw statements below wouldn't ever work.  Something
like this near the beginning:

  # allow all packets leaving the system (outside, wired, and wireless)
  ${fwcmd} add allow all from any to any out xmit any

I have turned on logging at the end of my ruleset, and it appears that after
a packet passes the esp rule, it is accepted and then re-injected into the
firewall at the start as a regular packet, without the esp flag.  This is
what is causing me the problems.  I want to just accept all packets if they
came through the IPsec layer, and block them if they didn't.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Ben