Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 06:44:09 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GUS PnP and the new PnP code in 3.0

> Just leave out the pnp controller out for now.

it should really do no harm, it will just let you override any PnP
setting but guspnp comes next and it can do anything it wants as
before. I believe his problem is in the config file:

> > Probing for PnP devices:
> > CSN 1 Vendor ID: GRV0001 [0x0100561e] Serial 0x00000001

in fact, the above is just an informative message. Since you used
guspnp and not the new sound driver, there is no matching PnP device
driver, so the card is just ignored.

> > gus0 at ? on isa
> >  WARNING! GUS found at 220, config was ffffffff ERROR! Invalid IRQ#-1. GUS Di
> sabled

> > controller	snd0
> > device		gus0 at isa? vector gusintr

I believe you should put all the parameters for the Gus (port, irq,
drq) in the config file, as you did before. Not sure if you can
specify the parameters on the "device" line so that they match
those in the card .

	Luigi