Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:10:28 +0200
From:      "Carroll, D. (Danny)" <Danny.Carroll@mail.ing.nl>
To:        "Kevin Way" <kevin.way@overtone.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Possible New Security Tool For FreeBSD, Need Your Help.

Right, I was wondering when someone might say that...

It seems to me that there are obvious drawbacks to this idea.  Like
someone else mentioned.  It's a good idea but you can't count on the
security.

So if the security *is* too week, and that doesn't bother Lucky, then
perhaps other *less secure* methods might also be appealing (and easier
to implement.)

How about a CGI which adds the rule dynamically.
You could put it on an ssl website behind a decent password.

Still would not be rock solid but it wouldn't be any worse than the
original idea.

-D