Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:31:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Barcroft <mike@q9media.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, audit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Committing patches submitted here

Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> It would be useful when someone commits a patch here to follow up the
> original message with a note stating as such, otherwise it's hard to
> tell whether the patch is outstanding.  Most of the recent patches by
> Mike Barcroft seem to be in this category.  Are there any outstanding?
>
> Kris

It's also sort of a problem for me, as I have to go through cvs logs
to see when my stuff was committed.  I keep all my uncommitted patches
available at: http://testbed.q9media.net/freebsd/

Dig this idea.  Have CVS read the 'Submitted by:' line and send the
submitter a copy of the commit log message sent to -cvs-all.  Since
someone sending a patch will likely have some idea what CVS is, they
won't be too confused by receiving a commit log.

Best regards,
Mike Barcroft