Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 01:10:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/5617

The following reply was made to PR ports/5617; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To: scole@aracnet.com
Cc: steve@freebsd.org, steve@hub.freebsd.org,
        freebsd-gnats-submit@hub.freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 01:01:37 -0800 (PST)

  * I tested the new port of pppload and there seems to be some sort of
  * problem, at least on my system. It fails to install the man page and
  * exits.  I could not figure out for the life of me why it is trying
  * to install the man page in
  *
  * /usr/local/man//man1 instead of
  * /usr/local/man/man1.

 That's not the problem.  An empty path component is equivalent to "."
 on FreeBSD.

  * Here is what happens when I type make install:
  :
  * ===>  Installing for pppload-1.0
  * ===>  pppload-1.0 depends on shared library: qt - found
  * gmake: Nothing to be done for `install'.
  * ===>   Compressing manual pages for pppload-1.0
  * /usr/local/man//man1/pppload.1: No such file or directory
  * *** Error code 1

 See the line that "gmake" is complaining about.  It's just not
 installing anything at all.

 Satoshi