Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:47:11 -0700
From:      Tim Spencer <tspencer@There.COM>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   dummynet and queueing and net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass

	So, if I were to set net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass to zero (which I believe is
"off" as per the ipfw man page), and I were to say something like this:

ipfw pipe 1 config bw 1.5Mbit/s
ipfw queue 1 config pipe 1 weight 50
ipfw queue 2 config pipe 1 weight 1
ipfw add queue 2 ip from 10.0.0.0/8 to any out
ipfw add queue 2 ip from any to 10.0.0.0/8 in
ipfw add queue 1 ip from 10.20.0.0/16 to any out
ipfw add queue 1 ip from any to 10.20.0.0/16 in

	Would traffic from the 10.20.0.0/16 net get put in two queues?  What
happens in a situation like this where traffic matches multiple queues,
and net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass allows it to pass on through?
	I need to allow the net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass stuff so that I can later on
(after the traffic shaping) NAT traffic and other sundry firewall
functions.  I thought I'd ask before I delved into the source for
several days.  :-)  Thanks, and have fun!

		-tspencer