Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:43:36 -0400
From:      "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@michaelwlucas.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg2ng error

Hi,

Just installed a 9.0-R/i386 system, updated via freebsd-update, new
ports via portsnap. Decided to try this pkgng stuff I hear all the
good things about.

I had three ports installed before converting: tmux, rsync, and
libevent.

# pkg2ng
Creating backup pkg_info(1) database directory in /var/db/pkg.bak.
Installing libevent-1.4.14b_2... done
Installing pkg-1.0.r4... done
Installing rsync-3.0.9... done
pkg_info: can't find package 'libevent-1.4.14b_2' installed or in a file!

My old package database is here.
pkg: Skipping malformed dependency entry for libevent
pkg: Skipping malformed dependency libevent
Installing tmux-1.5... done
Moved old package database to /var/db/pkg.bak.
#

I can assure you that libevent is actually installed. At least, tmux
works. :-)

Should I be concerned?

==ml

--