Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2013 18:59:33 +0200
From:      Florian Smeets <flo@smeets.im>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xpi-* broken since firefox-22

--Wt3olPCu1b57rNFUkd3MjvLkCERgJTnKp

On 26.08.13 14:07, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> I don't know whether that's a general problem or just affects me,
> but since Firefox 22 the xpi-* ports don't work for me any more.
>=20

This was broken for a brief period, it should be fixed though. You might
need to reinstall the xpis so that the correct links are created.

> Any plugin/addon may be added to the ports collection if one or more
> of the following conditions are met:
> - The plugin/addon builds/contains native code
> - The plugin/addon is a dependency of another port
> - The plugin/addon improves the integration with the base system,
>   .e.g. it adds support for common environment variables like LANG,
>   HTTP_PROXY or TZ

That's the plan anyway. I'm working on it. Enigmail and lightning will
stay, perhaps the MOZILLA-xpi ports, but I'm leaning to removing those
too, as they can be installed from addons.mozilla.org just fine. I'm
just busy and haven't put this up for approval/discussion, yet.

Florian