Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 07:00:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Clapper <bmc@WillsCreek.COM>
To:        Keith Mitchell <kmitch@guru.org>
Cc:        hpa@nwu.edu, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patches for linuxls (gnuls)

Keith Mitchell wrote:

> Scott Gasch (scott@acm.vt.edu) and I (kmitch@acm.org) created some
> patches for the linuxls (gnuls) port that add support for the following:
>
> setgid programs
> setuid programs
> other writeable dirs
> other writeable sticky dirs
>
> (the goal being to optionally visially flag these file/dir types with a
> color in your ls listing...)
>
> The patches apply fine over top of a pristine fileutils/colorls patch or
> through the FreeBSD port.
>
> Any comments/suggestions welcome.

Wow.  Someone besides me actually uses this port.

Thanks for the patches.  I'll apply them locally; if they work, I'll drop
them in.  Thanks for updating the man page, too.

-----
Brian Clapper, bmc@WillsCreek.COM, http://WWW.WillsCreek.COM/
If the weather is extremely bad, church attendance will be down.  If
the weather is extremely good, church attendance will be down.  If the
bulletin covers are in short supply, however, church attendance will
exceed all expectations.
        -- Reverend Chichester