Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 09:16:17 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch to make my PC164 booting.

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 07:13:06PM -0800, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> Bernd- I tried your patch to pci_eb164_intr and things worked for me. I don't
> believe that there is a reason ot *not* commit it, is there?

It don't check for the EB164 system type and PWS systems are mentioned
to be working already.
The other point is that using cserve PAL functions are not recommended
and might not be working with a different PAL version.

What is missing is a way to use this patch only on PC164 and other
broken systems.

I would suggest building pci_eb164_intr2 functions and set to these
in PC164 case.
I will try to find out how to dinstinguish between the types - I only
wanted to wait for other success stories.

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de