Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:35:56 -0400
From:      "Jerry Bell" <jerry@bellnetworks.net>
To:        "Ryan Thompson" <ryan@sasknow.com>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Max T1. Throughput?

SDSL does mean that you should get the line speed (1.5Mbps in this case) in
both directions.  Typically, there is a bit more protocol overhead with
sdsl, since it is usually run via atm.

If you're getting 96k bytes/s, you either have 1) found the limit of your
upstream provider, or 2) are paying for a 1.544Mbps line and only getting a
768kbps line.

I think its a little more than coincidence that you're seeing 96k bytes/s,
which works out to be exactly 768kbps, which is a common sdsl bandwidth.
I'd have your provider check the equipment on both sides for a possibly
misconfiguration, or a line problem forcing the lower speed.

Good luck,

Jerry