Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 21:24:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video Capture for FreeBSD

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Steve Passe wrote:

> I grabbed the latest directX driver but it dies immediately when I try to
> install it with something like "error -8".  Never could get STB to work with
> the STB version of directx...

The problems we were having were stupid stuff.  The card always 'tried' to
work but the older the Video Card drivers the worse the problem.  If you
moved the window it left mousedroppings all over the place.  You could
trash your screen to the point of illegability.  -BUT- when you killed
WinTV, the screen cleared up and it worked fine.

Trident-9680 DirectDraw drivers dont work.  The latest Trio64V+ drivers
are fine.  Kinda a moot point for us.  The WinTV card is in a 486 BSD Box
and will eventually be used to capture stupid pictures.

I am having a neato problem, but until I understand what it -is- I'm not
gonna bring it up.  ( takes 20 seconds for rgb16 to capture a picture ).

     : Tom Arnold - No relation to Rosanne           :
     : SysAdmin/Pres - TBI, Ltd ( inna.net )         :
     : The Middle Peninsula's Internet Connection    :