Date:      03 Jul 2001 08:48:46 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        "David Caldwell" <dns@knology.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Certification

"David Caldwell" <dns@knology.net> writes:

> Is there a certification program for any of the BSD Unixes?
>
> I have seen them for Linux and for Sun Solaris, as well as the
> various other flavors of Unix. Will there be or is there one for
> BSD?

Certification is all well and good, but I don't know how much store
should be placed in it. I am an RHCE. I did it as an exam only
candidate, and passed on my first outing. I can honestly say its the
hardest exam I've ever sat.

Having attained it, not a single thing in either my professional or my
private life has been enriched. If I had to do it all again, I'd spend
the GBP600 on something more fun... Like a bigger PC :)

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk