Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:53:09 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        damien@carroll.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux compatibility broken in latest 4.4-STABLE?

In message <167570000.1008616475@50.dhcp.hck.carroll.com>, damien@carroll.com w
rites:

>and also displays the following to stderr:
>
>    SIOCGIFFLAGS: Invalid argument

The linux emulation ioctl translation code saw a number of changes
recently, including I think proper translation from Linux to FreeBSD
network interface names. If possible, could you try to get further
information by adding a '#define DEBUG' to the start of the file
/usr/src/sys/compat/linux/linux_ioctl.c, then boot the new kernel
and post the debug messages you get on the console when the Citrix
client runs?

The SIOCGIFFLAGS ioctl has a value of 35091 in Linux, so I think
the lines of importance will look like:

linux_ioctl_socket(): ioctl 35091 on eth0
linux_ioctl_socket(): eth0 translated to fxp0

although you probably won't see the second line.

Ian