Date:      Tue, 08 Jun 2004 15:36:28 -0400
From:      Dwayne MacKinnon <Dwayne.MacKinnon@xwave.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hyperthreading question

Hi all,

I'm upgrading some machines from 4.8-RELEASE to 4.10-RELEASE. The
machines in question are dual-processor xeon boxes. Now, my boss is
adamant in that he doesn't want hyperthreading enabled on the machines.

In 4.8-RELEASE things were simple... I just didn't add the "options HTT"
line to my kernel config file. In 4.10-RELEASE though, HTT is enabled by
default.

So, is there any way to shut off the hyperthreading? I've tried
disabling it in the BIOS, and had no luck whatsoever.

Thanks,
DMK

PS: A direct reply would be welcome. I'm not subscribed to the mailing list.