Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 10:23:32 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CVSROOT/commitlogs/sys isn't in sync with newest changes, why ?

Hi folks !

Perhaps you can help me to understand, why the CVSROOT/commitlogs/sys
file doesn't contain all the changes, that most recently were done
in the src/sys area of the kernel source tree ?!

For example :

This is the last commitlog entry in sys from March 30:

peter       96/03/30 07:15:32

  Modified:    sys/kern  kern_sig.c
  Log:
  Correct the handling of NOCLDSTOP when using sigvec()
  Make the SA_NODEFER handling more correct, previously if you called
  sigaction to set a handler and had SA_NODEFER set, and manually masked
  the signal itself in sa_mask, and when you read the settings back later,
  you'd find SA_NODEFER incorrectly cleared.

  Pointed out by: bde

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.23      +24 -12    src/sys/kern/kern_sig.c

But when applying the newest ctm files ...

- -rw-r--r--   1 daemon  wheel  15591 Mar 30 22:45 cvs-cur.1835.gz
- -rw-r--r--   1 daemon  wheel   3488 Mar 31 09:41 cvs-cur.1836.gz

I get changes in the sys source tree which are dated from March 31.

Is there always a delay between a change and the protocol in the
commitlogfile ? Why ? Isn't it one action, comitting and logging ?
Why are the changes in sources sent via ctm, but not the commitlogs ?

Hope you can help to make this one clear to me. ctm 1836 for example
fixes things in  aic7xxx.seq ... but this log isn' in the sys commitlog.

revision 1.12
date: 1996/03/31 03:02:35;  author: gibbs;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -4
aic7xxx.seq:
    Fix support for the aic7850 by looking only at the relavent bits of the
    QINCNT.  The 7850 puts random garbage in the high bits and all my attempts
    to determine the cause of this failed.  This approach does seem to work
    around the problem.

    Don't trust SCSIPERR to tell us when there is a parity error.  On
    some revs of the 7870 and the 7880, this bit follows the parity of
    the current byte.  Instead of using a SEQINT to tell the kernel,
    re-enable the standard parity error interrupt since it seems to pause
    the sequencer right at the time of the error which is the effect we were
    looking for anyway.

	Andreas ///

- --
andreas@knobel.gun.de         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         $$  Support Unix - aklemm@wup.de  $$
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<