Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:36:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updated VMWare3 port needs some testing

If you're running an up to date -current, you'll notice that vmware no
longer works properly.  I set out to fix that, and ended up making a few
related changes to the port, which require some testing.  So, if you use
vmware3, please give this updated port a try and see what happens; I have
only tested it on 5.2-current, so I especially need testers with 4.x
boxes.

(None of the changes are functional, they're all behinds the scenes
changes related to device nodes and such, so vmware will either work or
crash, there will be nothing special to see.)

The updated port is at:

http://www.silby.com/patches/raw/vmware3updatedport.tar.gz

Just untar and built it whereever, nothing special.

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack