Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:48:36 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Keith Woodman <keith@lightningweb.com>
Cc:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot disk

>	It is a fair observation you must admit that FreeBSD does cater
>more to the experienced users and hackers of a different ilk than does
>other flavors of Unix. My appologise to anyone that took that posting
>wrong.

   That is probably true, but it isn't because of snobery. I think it's
because of several factors, with the most important being that the people
who develop and document FreeBSD aren't newbies themselves and, that being
the case, it is natural for them to assume knowledge of some things that
perhaps shouldn't be assumed.
   We can only improve on this type of problem by having newcomers politely
suggest, to the right people, improvements to the documentation and/or
organization of the FTP/WWW sites. For the WWW stuff, you might try sending
suggestions to www@freebsd.org.

-DG

David Greenman