Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 22:07:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What_bad_magic_really_means_

On 03-May-00 Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

> This means, that I could run this "plugin" also with the nativ netscape
> (4.08) which works much better (helas, it works) than the linux-netscape
> 4.7 ?

Unfortunately, no, I don't hink it will work with the native Netscape.
You can, however, install something like XSwallow, and configure it to use
RealPlayer for any embedded data.

> I am not shure if this plugin is needed anyway, what it is good for, if
> I couldnt run realplayer with some tweeking of the netscape preferences.

I very seldom run across any "Real" data embedded in web pages (which
would require a plugin).

Incidentally, after installing the latest RealPlayer, I realized that my
instructions to use "brandelf" on the executables was unnecessary.  Works
just fine as is.

I've submitted a port of XSwallow to the ports collection, by the way, but
it hasn't been committed yet.  If you'd like, I can send you the package.
Very, very useful!

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://members.home.net/conrads/