Date:      Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:15:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Seth Gecko <seth_the_homie@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i4b Version 1.5.5: isdnd dies ERR main: step mismatch, kernel 0, daemon 6

Yay! It's alive and kicking!

Im not good in long words, but recompiling kernel did
the job. I beg pardon though, as it is clearly written
in the driver's installation instruction.

Thank you JML
Thank you HPS

now it's even faster!!
Version 1.5.5 Rocks!

Sethzzzzzzz

---
Versions? what Versions? i just hit buttons untill it
works!

>Hi,

>both of the messages that you are getting tell you,
>that your kernel
>driver i4b version and your isdnd versions do not
>match. Which means,
>that if you have updated the kernel-side driver, you
>also need to
>recompile a new isdnd to match.

>(Un-synchronized version updates in either driver or
>client app side
>may lead to incompatible interfaces, which tends to
>lead to incorrect
>behaviour and/or crashing. That's why version checks
>in kernel/
>userland interfaces is a good idea.)

>Br,
>Jussi

>On 19.10.2005, at 12:07, Seth Gecko wrote:

>   isdnd[786]: DMN at_exit: daemon terminating
>   isdnd[787]: ERR main: step mismatch, kernel 0,
> daemon 6
>
> What could that be? I don't really know how to point
> the problem... isdnd -d 0xfff won't say more.
>
> Driver Version 1.5.4 workes fine! except it keeps
> repeating this:
>   kernel: i4b-L4 i4brbchioctl: unit 0, old ioctl
>
>   command used: please recompile!

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/