Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 2004 15:55:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP! KSE needs more attention

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Scott Long wrote:

> All,
>
> We are about 4-6 weeks away from starting the 5.3 release cycle.  As it
> stands, KSE still only works reliably on i386.  There are reports of
> significant instability on amd64, and it doesn't work at all on alpha
> and sparc64.  I'm willing to drop the alpha requirement and maybe even
> the sparc64 requirement, but there absolutely will not be a 5.3 until
> amd64 is solid.  Please contact myself, Dan Eischen, and David Xu if
> you are interested in helping out.

amd64 looks to be a problem in readline which doesn't seem
to redispatch signal handlers with SA_SIGINFO arguments.

David also has patches for debugging support at:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/kse/dbg/

Doug Rabson also has basic TLS support working in perforce.
It'd be nice to get TLS and debugging in before 5.3-release.

--
Dan Eischen