Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:46:27 -0700
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: irc/xchat: limit icon blinking time

On 21 June 2012 03:24, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org> wrote:
> on 21/06/2012 00:39 Eitan Adler said the following:
>> On 20 June 2012 13:23, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would like to propose the following patch for irc/xchat.
>>> It should limit the time that xchat tray icon blinks/flashes upon a con=
figured
>>> event. =C2=A0It seems that such blinking puts non-negligible load on a =
system (via X
>>> server). =C2=A0At the end of blinking the icon should freeze in "alerte=
d" state.

>> What does upstream say?
>>

> Upstream development seems to be stalled...

Really? I've chatted with the xchat devs recently and they seemed to be act=
ive.

As a general rule ports should not maintain or develop software. If
you would like to continue development we need to become the
_upstream_ developer and maintain a fork or patchset from which you
roll releases (and provide the appropriate support). FreeBSD is not in
a position to review code to upstream projects.

--=20
Eitan Adler