Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:15:56 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>
To:        Josh MacDonald <jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PRCS (was Re: CVS Branches hits again!)

Josh MacDonald <jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

> > [ PRCS ]
> >
> > > Some things it yet lacks are:
> > >
> > > 1) a client server environment
> >
> > Becoming more important as FreeBSD developers are now starting to use
> > it.
>
> This is currently my first priority.  I've kept pretty quiet and not
> pushed PRCS in too many places because of this, but spoke up now because
> I figure PRCS would be no worse than CVS since people seem to be using
> CVSup.

Well...for me, the client/server stuff has been pretty handy.  I have a few
small repositories that I maintain at work, but work on at home occasionally.
It's handy to be able to specify things so that syncing with the remote
repository goes through a ssh tunnel as opposed to requiring some form of NFS
access or maintaing a copy of my _repository_.

Also, for use in a general development setting, it'd be real nice to be able
to work on a MS Windows type of box...

Maybe I should go visit your URL...

Thanx,
Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
                                         1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                        Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org