Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:01:33 +0900
From:      Tadayuki Ogura <togura@catura.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quad PenPro page-fault

Hi, All

 My name is Tadayuki Ogura, a new commer. I fourtunately get
IBM Netfinity 7000 Quad Pentium Pro SMP system. And configure
as a FreeBSD 4.0 SMP system. But, it fault at boot with the
info, listed below.

 Fatal trap 12: Page fault while in kernel mode
mp_lock = 00000002; cpuid=0 ; lapic=00000000
fault virtual address = 0x1c
fault code            = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer   = 0x8:0xc02ac734
stack pointer         = 0x10:0xc03e9e34
frame pointer         = 0x10:oxc03e9e34
code segement         = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                      = DPL0, pres1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags      = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process       = 0(swapper)
interrupt mask        = net tty bio cam<-SMP:xxx
trap number           = 12
panic : page fault

SMP kernel configuration parameter is
options		SMP
options		APIC_IO
options		NCPU=4
options		NAPIC=2
options		NINTR=43

 If someone have the suggestion or patch informations,
please let me know.

Thank you

--
Tadayuki Ogura($B>.AR(J $BCi9T!K(J