Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:08:45 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        doceng@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Request to be listed in your Software Vendors Link page

--2TEB9zE9jLORvm3o

Dear doceng@,

The current situation with cheap CD vendors is suboptimal to say the
least.  We now have both alllinuxcd.com and cheeplinux.com waiting for a
response on outstanding requests, and none of the people who look after
this page want to touch it because of the response they get from within
the project when/if they add a vendor such as this.

As I mentioned in a previous post
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-www/2004-November/001772.html),
for the sake of relations with these people we really, really need a
policy on whether we should be listing these companies or not.  If a
contribution to the project is necessary, or if we just plain don't want
them, then let's formalise that and at least then we can stop just
ignoring these people in the hope that they'll go away.

This sounds like it might be a core issue, so if you'd rather punt
that's good, but I really feel that we must have a resolution on this.

Ceri