Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 01:06:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installing 4.0 on Toshiba Satellite 305CDS

Greetings:

I have 3.3 Release (from the CDROM) running on my Toshiba Satellite
305CDS.

When I installed 3.3 with the PAO boot floppies my Xircom 56T modem
card and my Linksys EtherFast 10/100 were configured and beeped right
away.

I was under the impression that the card support work of PAO3.3 and
PAO3.4 would be included in FreeBSD 4.0 and because of that there were no
plans for a PAO4.0.

I tried installing FreeBSD 4.0 from the CDROM, but it would not see my
modem card or my ethernet card. I used the same pccard.conf entries from
3.3, re-built the kernel but nothing worked. I gave up and re-installed
3.3.

Is 4.0 supposed to work on laptops with PCMCIA cards right off of the
CDROM?  If there will be no PAO4.0 will there be patches to apply?

Any suggestions?

Ken Seggerman

ken_seggerman@suleyman.com