Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:21:08 +0100
From:      John Murphy <bigotfo@bigfoot.com>
To:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: driver conflict screen needing it

Rob Wideman wrote:

>you know how when putting in a FBSD to install and it starts with
>the drivers it will use and to fix the conflicts right????
>well i dont have a bootable BIOS, how do i get back to that if not
>being able to mount cdrom drive and not being able to boot off cdrom =
drive????
>Rob Wideman

Hi Rob
I think you are looking for the visual config screen.  The only way I =
know
to get to it is to re-boot.  When you see the 10 second countdown, press
space (not enter) and then type boot -c.  Then type visual and you're =
there.
(You don't need to boot off CD or floppy)

AFAIK any changes you make will only remain until you re-boot again.
You'll have to make a custom kernel to make permanent changes.
(Not as hard as it sounds)

HTH
John.
PS.  I'd better say that questions@freebsd.org is the best place to ask,
     and be sure to post in plain text only, or the beastie will be after=
 U.