Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 1996 12:57:22 +0100
From:      GUINET Thierry <thierry@namsa.nato.int>

Hello all,

I'm new to this mailing and my question might be quite off topic, in the
sense that I'm having a problem with using the networking part of FreeBSD 2.0

The problem is the following:

I just installed version 2.0 on a 486DX/33 PC, everything seemed to work
smoothly, but even if the OS recognizes the ethernet board (a 3com 3C509)
I'm not able to reach the network.
So, I had a look to /dev and didn't find any entry for device ep0 there,
nor on the distribution CD-ROM.
Could somebody help me or at least point me to the right place?

TIA.

Thierry
NB: If this is, as I believe it, off topic, send the reply directly to me.

thierry@namsa.nato.int

Thierry Guinet Systems programmer, Namsa Luxembourg (Europe)
Phone: +352/30.63-6812		Fax: +352/30.87.21