Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 2021 16:38:44 +0100
From:      "M. Mader" <mma@darktemple.ch>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: poudriere options

Am 6=2E Dezember 2021 16:05:17 MEZ schrieb Albert Shih <Albert=2EShih@obspm=
=2Efr>:
>Le 06/12/2021 =C3=A0 09:50:36-0500, Dan Langille a =C3=A9crit
>
>Hi,
>

>> > I run poudriere with some jail, with differents options=2E
>> >
>> > I would like to know the best way to save that options, currently I u=
se
>> > pourdriere options to set those options but that's are not very conve=
nient
>> > to backup in puppet/ansible-kind tools=2E
>> >
>> > Is they are any way to set poudriere jail options in other way ?
>>
>> Can you give us an example of the options you want to save please?
>>

>Two examples,
>
>  1/ I run icinga2 for monitoring my services and use
>
>      net-mgmt/monitoring-plugins
>
>  for that=2E I need to =C2=ABcustom=C2=BB that ports options because by =
default I'm
>  missing LDAP, MYSQL, PGSQL
>
>  Well this one are easy because I just need to add those tree options=2E
>
>  2/ I run also www/rt5, with that I need the option
>
>    www/rt5 -> I need few options but most important I use AP_MODPERL
>    instead of the default=2E
>
>    thats mean I also need (at least)
>
>    OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=3DMODPERL
>
>    for www/p5-HTML-Mason
>
>So it's not a big deal to do that for one jail, but with time I'm going t=
>forget I need those options=2E
>
>Currently what I do is when I create a new jail (for a new version of
>FreeBSD), I redo the pourdiere options, and check if it's ok with
>
>  diff -r old-jail-options-dir new-jail-options-dir
>
>something not only boring but prone to error=2E
>
>Regards
>
>--
>Albert SHIH
>Observatoire de Paris
>France
>Heure local/Local time:
>lun=2E 06 d=C3=A9c=2E 2021 15:56:40 CET

You can set these options on a per package=2E And in the case of poudriere=
 even per jail=2E
Meaning that you only have to copy the separate files containing those opt=
ions around=2E=20
I've never actually set up puppet, but I imagine that would be possible wi=
th puppet=2E

Sadly I'm not on my computer, so I can't tell you reliably where to put th=
ose files=2E

But either:
man poudriere
Or
man poudriere-options
should answer that=2E

It's the equivalent of setting options for pkg somewhere in /var/db/pkg/

I'm terribly sorry for the vague answer=2E But I found out how to do it ju=
st by reading poudriere's manpages, so everyone else should be able to do s=
o, since I'm usually not the sharpest tool in the shed ;)