Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2024 02:01:08 -0600
From:      "Janky Jay, III" <jankyj@unfs.us>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: poudriere(8) short circuits my ability to build packages

Hi Chris,

On 4/4/24 01:30AM, Chris wrote:
> limitations, or poudriere at all? How can I just build a package. Users
> (or Maintainers) aren't forced to use poudriere, are they?

Unfortunately, yes. Yes, we are. That or packages (which is lacking due
to non-existent build options.) For me, Poudriere has been nothing but a
headache with a lot of work to obtain said headache (compared to just
using ports.) Three port updates? Poudriere wants to rebuild 210 ports
(all with default options, mind you.) When, using portmaster, I can
simply update the 3 ports and be done with it. That is, of course, if
the ports build outside of Poudriere (some do not.) In this case, I
simply mix ports and packages and just deal with it. However, it is
unfortunate.

Regards,
Janky Jay, III