Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:54:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Joel Bjork <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>
To:        Otter <otterr@telocity.com>
Cc:        =?us-ascii?B?VGhvbWFzIENoZW4gXCgzPz9PQz9cKQ==?= <Thomas_Chen@asus.com.tw>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Subject:   VNC (was: RE: Data Switch kills Mouse(PS/2)

> VNC was functional last time I tried, but it's not near as smooth as
> the use of an X server. Last time I tried VNC (on a 10M LAN) the
> graphics were choppy, comparable to using PC Anywhere over a 28.8
> modem. Has this changed in the last year?
> -Otter

I'm using VNC over a 10Mbit network and it works great at 1152x864x16. I'm
also using it to connect to the same box at work, about 6 hops away and it
works great there as well, I've even been able to enjoy a few games of xjewel.

I haven't tried running an X-server on windows but it is my understanding
that VNC sends a lot less data. The best thing is that it keeps the sessions
when you disconnect so you can continue at the same place as you left off.

E-Mail: Joel Bjork <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>