Date:      Sat, 03 Oct 1998 16:44:16 +0100
From:      Aleksander Rozman - Andy <andy@mail.kks.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Internet problem

Hi !
I am new to this list (and to FreeBSD) and I need little help. Recently I
got cable modem to get internet access over cable TV. I have more than one
computer so I decided to create a FreeBSD server to give access to all of
my computer and also to be able to have http server.

But here I have one problem. I can make server (AC1) have contact with Inet
through cable modem, I can also access AC1 from my other computers (AC2,
AC4), but I cannot access Internet from AC2, or AC4.

     **   FreeBSD Server                                Ethernet 1
(212.62.129.33)  **  -----> Internet (cable
     **
Ethernet 2 (192.168.44.1)   ----          modem network)
          ____________________________________________________|
          |                                                       |
      AC2                                              AC4
      192.168.44.2                              192.169.44.4

AC2/4 have both set gateway to 192.168.44.1 (second eth card on AC1), and
AC1 has default gateway that shows to my ISP server (cable modem connects
all users into one big network).

I don't know how to set that everytime I send reuqest for internet AC1
should give my LAN access to it. I know that my description is little
weird, but I hope you will understand it and help me.

Andy

*  Aleksander Rozman - Andy   * Member of:  E2:EA, E2F, SAABer, Trekkie, *
* aleksander.rozman@uni-mb.si * X-Phile, Heller's angel, True's screamer,*
*    andy@quixotic.org        * True's Trooper, Questie, Legacy, PO5.    *
*     ICQ-UIC: 4911125        *        http://quixotic.org/~andy/        *
*     PGP key available       *     http://tferi4.uni-mb.si/~rozmanal/   *