Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:20:28 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        yakamo kusinagi <yakamo_k@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Motherboard support

yakamo kusinagi wrote:

> hello,
>
> Was inquireing about FreeBSD, does it support Nforce Motherboards?

I use FreeBSD 5.1 on my NForce2 based motherboard (Asus A7N8X Deluxe).
Pretty much everything is supported, although some of the stuff is
rather new.  The Nvidia ethernet driver for instance is still very new,
although quite stable so far.  Mine motherboard also has a SATA
controller that has support in -CURRENT, but I havn't tested it yet.
The built in audio is supported, but is pretty bare bones (one record,
one playback channel).

--
   \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
  |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer