Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:57:22 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   two branches in Gnome and fbsd response to it

Gnome projekt maintains usually two branches of development
Stable and Beta-releases.The versions supported in /usr/ports
are afahs development(my particular interess is xchat the version
supported is 1.3.7 in /usr/ports/irc)I would like to have
the stable version 1.2.0. Will ports mechanismus support both branches
or way it is the suggested way to stay STABLE with other projects
(Gnome gtk and so on)in fbsd enviromnet?
Regards
Ariel