Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:03:12 +0800
From:      "Noobt" <chickena@tm.net.my>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Error after first time installing 'bin'

Hello,
Here's is how I installed FreeBSD..
Please excuse my non-technical wordings...

First HD : 4G - empty/unpartitioned
Second HD : 2.1- MS-DOS partition with \FreeBSD\bin\files...

Boot up the PC using the FreeBSD boot disk.
Remove non-existant peripherals from the startup menu, no conflict
decetected

Installation Menu
Select Novice > Custom > Tick 'bin' > install from Ms-DOS part.

Partition Menu
Use the whole first hardisk

Another Partition/Slice Menu
Use the default 'A'

Installed 'bin'   (Among my five-six retries to install, twice retries to
fresh install FreeBSD, I got this error in the end of file copying MAKEDEV
return non-zero status)

I'm back to Installation Menu.
Exit And restart.. without the boot disk... then I'll get the errors stated
earlier... couldn't reach to login..
Is there anyway to pause the boot up/probing/configuring process... so that
I'm able to take a good look at it.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Hial Noobt