Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 21:40:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@trojanhorse.ml.org>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, dufault@hda.com
Subject:   Re: Strategy Routines

> Setup the copy, shcedule  software insterrupt.
>
> The software interrupt routine gets control, copies a chunk, does the
> bookkeeping.  If not done, schedules another interrupt and returns.
>
> I think it has lower overhead than tslepp and the added advantage that it
> will not panic if called outside a user context.

Wait, are you talking about doing an acquire_timer0() and then doing work
in the routine you assign or what?  That's one thing I don't understand,
it seems with that particualr facility only one routine can be active on
the timer 0 interrupt at a time, so that is why I have avoided it for
these kinds of situations.  Can someone let me in on the big secret.