Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 01:11:45 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: STB tuner

Hi,

> I'm pretty sure that all countries use the same (VHF/UHF) frequencies for
> their transmissions.

no, there are 3 different sets used in north america alone:

 broadcast, CATV (cable) and one called (I forget, another cable set).
In the kit I got from Philips (tv400.exe) they have:

E-EUROPA.CHN    JAPAN.CHN       USA-CATV.CHN
FRANCE.CHN      USA-BCST.CHN    W-EUROPA.CHN

---
> > about the audio than the video.  Evidently there are parameters for the stere
> > chip stored in EPROM, with no documentation of their format
>
> :-( What is the basis of the stereo? NICAM?

I believe it deals with dbx.  the chip is the TDA9850.  The alignment
procedure talks of reading in values via the I2C bus and storing
them in non-volatile ram.  then I guess you load them each time you powerup.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD