Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:04:29 -0000
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Patrick_Swift?= <bjorn@innn.is>
To:        "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Swift?= <bjorn@swift.st>
Subject:   Load increasing

Dear members

I'm running a FreeBSD box with Apache and Mysql, among other things.
Recently I noticed that the load is gradually getting higher, without =
me
having added more users to the system nor the network traffic =
increasing. I
have one user under suspicion; he is running a bulletin board system, =
poorly
written by himself.

But before I go and shout at the guy I just want to be positive about =
what
is causing this load on mysqld (mainly) and httpd. I am reading the =
mysql
documentation as we speak without finding what I need - some way to =
trace
the activity on the server. This is possible with i.e. MSSQL server.

This might be off topic since this is probably more of an mysql issue =
than a
FreeBSD one, but could anyone give me some advice or point me in the =
right
direction?

BTW: I apologize for my answer to the "Secondary MX" thread. I hadn't
finished reading the "relay to a domain" thread which pretty much said =
the
same thing...

Thanks in advance,
Bj=F6rn Swift