Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:26:17 -0600
From:      David Handlos <webmaster@crosslinkz.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Firewalling: Getting blocked

This is my first attempt at using FreeBSD, and I've been really pleased
with the way it's worked thus far.
I've got it set up to dial up to our DSL connection, and the IP aliasing
allows our 5 workstations to use the same connection.

I've only got one bug to iron out:
For some reason, we're not able to access certain web sites, we're given
DNS errors.
Popular sites like FreeDrive.com and Real.com are inaccessible.

I thought at first it must be some kind of firewall thing that FreeBSD
does, but I haven't even
set up any of the firewall options. Is this normal? Is there a way around
this?

Thanks,

David Handlos

David Handlos
CrossLinkz: Directory for Free Stuff
Listings and reviews for hundreds of freeware products and promotion resources.
Searchable directory of freebies, updated weekly, with a guide on
building/promoting
your own site for free. Promote your own free product by listing it here.
http://www.crosslinkz.com