Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:40:12 +0000
From:      Baldur Gislason <baldur@foo.is>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell Inspiron 630m

I'm just curious if anyone has a Dell Inspiron 630m or similiar running FreeBSD.
I have one running 6.0-RELEASE but compiling -STABLE now.
I had a problem I've observed before on other inspirons, when I configured the broadcom 4401
fast ethernet interface up the machine sort of locked up.
The link light on the ethernet port goes out and the machine is locked up to the point
that I can switch virtual consoles and I can type in characters on the console where
I ran ifconfig or dhclient. Other than that I don't seem to be able to do anything
but hold the power button for 4 seconds to power off.
Any ideas?

Baldur