Date:      Sun, 20 May 2012 20:10:04 GMT
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/167721: [patch] graphics/gegl: use SSE/MMX on amd64

The following reply was made to PR ports/167721; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.org>
To: mezz@FreeBSD.org
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 17:04:48 -0300

 mezz@FreeBSD.org writes:

 > The patch does not work and I have amd64 here. I am getting here:
 >
 > ----------------------
 > # make configure
 > [...]
 > Building GEGL with prefix=/usr/local
 >
 > Optional features:
 >   GEGL docs:       no
 >   Build workshop:  no
 >   Build website:   no  (asciidoc not found)
 >   SIMD:            sse:no mmx:no <-- here, both are still disabled.
 >   Vala support:    no

 I'm afraid you have to provide config.log for me to debug why compile
 checks fail. configure.ac has the following logic:

   # s/x86_64/amd64/
   case "$target_or_host" in
     x86_64-*-*)
       have_x86=yes
       ;;
   esac

   AC_ARG_ENABLE(mmx, ...,, enable_mmx=$have_x86)
   AC_ARG_ENABLE(sse, ...,, enable_sse=$enable_mmx)

   if test "x$enable_mmx" = "xyes"; then
      AC_COMPILE_IFELSE(<mmx check>,
        if test "x$enable_sse" = "xyes"; then
            AC_COMPILE_IFELSE(<sse check>,, enable_sse=no)
        fi
      , enable_mmx=no)
   fi

 Also, there is no point in testing with OPTIMIZE turned OFF.